Join DeepScribe and be a part of the next technological transition in health care - voice. Our goal is to empower physicians with the tools they need to improve both efficiency and efficacy, and better patient outcomes by increasing the clarity, trust, and understanding they have with their physician.
Our first product, an AI medical scribe, mimics near-human level intelligence by parsing through medical conversations and creating detailed visit summaries for physicians. With this ambient scribe technology, we have been able to save up to 3 hours a day for physicians. But this is just the beginning - come join our energetic, fast-moving team as we challenge the status quo in the bogged-down health care industry, and re-think the future of practicing and receiving medicine.
At DeepScribe, we’re looking for a Senior NLP Engineer or ML Scientist that’s interested in working with the largest and fastest-growing dataset of physician-patient conversations to improve our current models, work with the product team to develop ML-powered features, and mentor/guide/grow our ML team.
- Take ownership of the architecture that powers the state-of-the-art models that are ingesting and generating summaries for thousands of patient-physician interactions daily across iOS and Telemedicine
- Turn feature requests into AI-powered workflows, then build, iterate, and deploy the models
- Constantly perform deep analyses on how our models are performing as our user-base of both patients and doctors grows and translate those findings into both the product and ML roadmap
- Improve the efficiency of our human-in-the-loop component and the accuracy/efficacy of our data-labeling arm
- Optimize peripheral workflows/technologies outside of our core note-taking AI from the audio-input device, ASR, human-in-the-loop app, and the final physician-feedback interface.
- Lay the foundation for strategic projects and future initiatives, work with leadership to define roadmaps, and execute
- Take charge as one of the key technical authorities in the company, representing our ML model architecture, techniques, ML-related product features, and the infrastructure our ML sits on
- ML Tech Stack: Pytorch, AWS Sagemaker, and GCP
Sound like you?
- Experience: You have an MS, Ph.D., or industry experience with strong demonstrated work in a related domain or problem space
- Intellectual Curiosity: Not just interested in solving the current problem-at-hand but constantly thinking about big-picture paradigm shifts in healthcare and constantly experimenting + laying the foundation to define what the future looks like
- Excited about Healthcare: The healthcare landscape is ripe for change, but it requires grit, relentless motivation, and willingness to dive deep into clinical workflows to drive change
- Quick problem thinker: You've previously served a role that involved constantly having to break down and solve complex problems
- Engineering leader: People can look up to you to define principles and design processes/workflows. You'll have no problem growing into leadership.
- Surprisingly efficient: You move fast, work smart, and are thorough
- Bold: You will be making key decisions that define the future of our technology stack and take ownership of your work